Tuesday 6 February 2018

Invitation to comment about dingoes howling



I have read many early documents and books about dingoes to learn more about the history of the dingo since white settlement and to gain a better understanding of the information that was available to BW in the 1960s and 1970s.

One constant reference is the dingo’s ‘blood tingling’ howl and the fear it instilled in the hearts of many.

This image needs to be corrected as does the way dingoes are still falsely perceived today.

Today, if you ask anyone who knows dingoes, you will get a very different view point – one of love, joy and awe.

My favourite time to be at Merigal Dingo Sanctuary was just before dusk. I’d sit with Berenice under the trees and she would get all the dingoes singing at once. How I treasured those special moments.

So, I am inviting anyone who has heard a dingo howl to comment here. How did you feel when you first heard that hauntingly beautiful sound?

No comments:

Post a Comment